Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


If I could paint the world in brightest most beautiful colors, and give it to you, I would.
If I could tell you all the words you wanted to hear, and know exactly how to say them at the most perfect time, I would.
If I could take away all your worries and wash them all away with just one fell swoop so I could see your smile on your face, I would.
If I could wake up in your arms every five minutes and let you know that that's where I wanted to be, I would.
If I could act out every one of your fantasies with you, making them more than the best you could ever dream, I would.
If I could walk with you, and talk with you and always know exactly what you mean, I would.
And if I could make you close your eyes and see us together, forever, where pleasure was never a question, and lust was just a reflection of those moments where we'd look into each others eyes right before we'd connect, physically, mentally, and emotionally,
I would.
-Emily Goodright
February 21st, 2001

I wrote this for Andrew after we hadn't even been dating for a year, because I already knew that I loved him, and wanted to spend my life with him, through the great times, the good times and even the bad times, he is my glue, my love.
I may not always be the best at letting him know all this but I am the luckiest girl in the world to have him. And I may hate how he sees things as half empty, and I see things half full, but he never sees our relationship that way. He is always quick to forgive when I speak before I think, and I couldn't have asked for a better father for my little boy! ( that is one thing I hear the most from others about Drew, that he is just the best dad! and it is soo true!) Sooo Drew I want to thank you for the past 9 years and for the past 5 years of marriage, I love you very much! Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

MommyIvy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you two had a wonderful day!

XOXO
Jen

wife.mom.nurse said...

I hope that you two had a wonderful anniversary celebration.

What an awesome post!

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary!!